Monday 8 October 2012

a lolly for FMS #55 and IBSIC #29...

I had a little window of "cardyo" time today and was able to create a card to squeak into the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge and to combine it with the color challenge over at Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge.

This isn't the lolly I told you about a post ago (or was it two?).  Now that I have successfully made my first one, I am addicted.  I still haven't finished off the card I put my first lolly on, but I will finish it soon and post it for you all to see.

This card was made for my Dad's birthday.  Normally I wouldn't make that sort of announcement on my blog, but I have absolutely zero fear that he might see it here before he receives it.  I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't know how to turn on a computer let alone search for something on the internet.  If I told him that I have a blog he'd probably tell me I should get it looked at LOL.  I know he could learn to do all of these things, but he really has no desire.  But just in case he makes a liar out of me... Love you lots and lots Dad : )

Here is the sketch for FMS #55...




And the inspiration photo for the color challenge for IBSIC #29 (use greens, browns, and creams/white)..




Here is my card; hope you enjoy...




paper:

always artichoke cardstock

early espresso cardstock

very vanilla cardstock

orchard harvest designer series paper


ink:

always artichoke classic

very vanilla craft

early espresso classic

log cabin smooch spritz


bling and things:

brushed bronze designer buttons

vanilla embroidery floss


tools and toys:

 big shot

woodgrain embossing folder

heat tool

scoring board

sewing needle

1/2" circle punch

paper snips

rotary paper trimmer

sticky strip

stampin' pierce mat

stamp-a-ma-jig

snail adhesive

stampin' dimensionals


stamp sets:

wonderfully worn

curly cute



{heart},
 








4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Tracy! Love that paper rosette! Great colours! I'm sure your dad will love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! I love how you smooched the rosette! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous masculine card, Tracy. Thank you for joining us this week at IBSIC. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Guy Card, Tracy! Love how you incorporated the colors from the challenge! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete