Sunday 8 July 2012

For You IBSIC #16...

Edmonton is heading into a heat wave.  They are forecasting temperatures above 30oC (86oF) for the coming week.  I am guessing I won't be doing much creating as I am not a fan of the heat and hate trying to peel myself from my stamping chair when I am finished :)  

I really feel for all the people and creatures in Eastern Canada and the U.S. (and any other place) who have been trying to cope with temps in the high 30's - low 40's (86-113oF).  Hopefully it will be over soon, leaving everyone safe and sound.

I had the chance to relax and create with my mom yesterday.  It was really great to spend some one on one time with her and we had a great visit.  She likes to do some "Cardy-O", but doesn't very often... she finished three cards (without any prior plan) in the time it took me to finish this one card (and I had a complete plan LOL).

When we were finished, we had a bite (actually, LOTS of bites) at the most amazing little restaurant in Edmonton; Absolutely Edibles Real Food Fusion.  If you are ever in Edmonton make sure you check out this place.  You will not be sorry you did; they do amazing things with food!

Now on to the "quick" 3+ hour card... 

The card I am sharing is for this week's IBS challenge:  


Here is the sketch for the challenge:



 And here is my card.  Hope you enjoy...





cardstock:

basic black

very vanilla 

rose red

love letter designer series paper



ink:

basic black classic

distressing essentials tea stain



bling and things:

recollections black rhinestone brads

1/2" pear pizzazz seam binding



tools and toys:

water spritzer

big shot

fun flowers die

spellbinders shapeabilities ironwork accents

stampin' dimensionals

1" circle punch

ek success postage stamp border edge punch

snail adhesive

sticky strip

tombow mono multi liquid glue

paper piercer



stamp sets:

elements of style


{heart},









3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the black/hot pink colour combo, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, elegant and love all that black! Thanks for playing with us at IBSIC, Tracy! And stay cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome to create with your Mom! I would love that!!!!

    Your card is a beauty and I love that beautiful bloom! So happy you could join in the fun this week at IBSIC! :-))))

    ReplyDelete