Wednesday 29 August 2012

swim instructor thank you...

Large-Son and Medium-Son just finished a round of swimming lessons.  They both swim like little fish (didn't get it from me!).  They have always had exceptional instructors at the pool they swim at and this session was no exception. 

I always try to get a water themed thank you card to their instructor(s) when they finish.  I left it a little late this time and had to put this card together quickly.  I am really happy with how it turned out, but if I had it to do over, I would probably do some sponging with some light grey or a light blue around the two pieces that I put together to make the fish bowl.

This is the first time I made my own gel card.  It was super fun to make and really quite easy.  I think I will be making some more sometime soon :)

The plastic over the gel didn't like the flash on my camera and caused some glare.  I took a second pic to show the cute little goldfish a little better.

Hope you enjoy...







cardstock:

whisper white

island indigo

summer smooches designer series paper

pumpkin pie 


ink:

island indigo classic

basic grey classic

early espresso classic

sahara sand classic

gumball green classic

white gel pen

basic black stampin' write marker

champagne glimmer paint 


bling and things:

3/8" daffodil delight taffeta ribbon

linen thread

hair gel

little ziploc style plastic bag 


tools and toys:

paper snips

1 1/4" circle punch

1 3/8" circle punch

word window punch

2 1/2" circle punch

jewellery tag punch

stamp-a-ma-jig

snail adhesive 


stamp sets:

bird on a branch

tiny tags

all wrapped up

live like you mean it


{heart},
 





 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment