Saturday 9 February 2013

a bald eagle birthday...

I make a lot of birthday cards; I mean A LOT.  So surprise, surprise I have another birthday card to share with you.

This is one I put together with a masculine feel to it.  It came together quickly and I was so pleased with it when it was finished.  I like to think of it as proof that you can add lots of embellishments - even some sparkle ; ) - and still come up with something manly.

The little silver brads were too shiny; so I distressed them a bit with black and grey sharpies.  I kind of wish I had made them a distressed copper to go with that gorgeous copper sparkle from the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz (yes, you can even make a manly card using something called "Smooch Spritz", but I think it's because the name "Log Cabin" cancels out the 'smooch' and 'spritz').  All in all I think that the distressed mini brads ended up pulling the copper shimmer and the vintage metal tag edge together; you be the judge.

Here's my card; I hope you enjoy...




paper:

early espresso cardstock

very vanilla cardstock

autumn meadows designer series paper


ink:

early espresso classic

early espresso stampin' write marker


bling and things:

early espresso quilted satin ribbon

log cabin smooch spritz

mini vintage tags

silver mini brads

linen thread


tools and toys:

big shot 

designer frames embossing folder

framed tulips embossing folder

paper snips

stamp-a-ma-jig

paper piercer

stampin' pierce mat

snail adhesive

stampin' dimensionals

rotary paper cutter

grey sharpie

black sharpie

simply scored


stamp sets:

in wilderness

happiest birthday wishes




{heart},
 







1 comment:

  1. Fabulous masculine card! Love the eagle image and the added glitter...great job!

    ReplyDelete