Wednesday 6 June 2012

A yak card :)

Yes, I know it is a bison!  A Plains Bison to be exact.  But to me they will always be lovingly thought of, with a smile and a chuckle, as yaks... 

When my oldest son was starting kindergarten he was on the school bus on his first day of school.  I was the bus driver and the route traveled along a section of Elk Island National Park fence.  I stopped the bus along the fence to pick up some children who lived across the road from the park.  There was a big bison bull grazing along the edge of the fence.  As the students were boarding the bus, I heard a little voice excitedly whispering, "mom, mom, mom!" over and over again. 

After I had greeted the children and they were making their way to their seats, I looked over at my son.  His eyes were big as saucers.  I ask, "what is it , sweetie?" 

With eyes still wide and with much joy and excitement he announced, "I SAW A YAK!"





cardstock:

early espresso

confetti white

neutrals designer series crumb cake



ink:

night of navy classic

early espresso classic



bling and things:

linen thread

frost white shimmer paint mixed with whisper white craft ink and water



tools and toys:

sewing needle

snail adhesive

paper piercing tool
 
mat pack
 
stamp-a-ma-jig



stamp sets:

on your birthday

a to z

in wilderness



{heart},



2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name you have chosen...it is so creative and original...just like you...keep up the good work...I am your number one fan....love momma mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the name you have chosen, it made me chuckle. Another beautiful card, I loved reading the story to go with it.. It brought a huge smile to my face as I could picture his eyes lighting up with excitement. Your Yak card looks fantastic.. love the mountain range and colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete